Class of 2020 Checklist
ALL SENIORS should attend Senior Family and Financial Aid Night on Tuesday, September 17 in the theater at 6pm.
Applying to your Future:
- Sign up to meet with representatives from universities, colleges, & technical schools 2 days ahead in the Counseling Office.
- Contact the admissions office to schedule a visit, campus tour, take a class, and meet instructors. (Do research on website prior to visit)
- Apply to 3-5 possible universities, colleges, military or technical schools before November 1st. (Ask if you qualify for a fee waiver)
- Request transcripts for all schools/programs you are applying to so that an official transcript can be sent.
- Complete a senior recommendation form and provide a copy to teacher if you are requesting a letter of recommendation. (Thank you note)
- Confirm that your social networks are appropriate.
- Athletes: Register for the NCAA Clearinghouse at www.ncaaclearinghouse.net orwww.naia.cstv.com if you plan to compete in college.
- Send an official transcript to NCAA and/or NAIA and communicate with your coach and counselor regularly about your school choices.
- Generate an athletic video, resume and cover letter. Complete any online Recruit Me forms. (All should be free.)
Explore Future Options: (Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Research career options and compare colleges with majors including programs of interest using XELLO. www.xello.world
- Research requirements prior to be able to apply to one college/technical school on Future Focus Day - October 3rd.
- Meet with military recruiters who will be available once each semester during lunch. The ASVAB – used for military entrance (free career test) will be administered at PCHS on Tuesday, November 12th at 8am in the MP Room. Sign up in advance with Mrs. Coon
- Create a parent and student Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) with separate emails.
- Attend financial aid meetings – FAFSA completion Thursday, October 3rd @ 6:00pm or Thursday, November 7th at 6pm in the LC.
- Sign up to meet with our ISAC representative (mentoring, applications, and financial assistance) at PCHS with at least two days in advance.
- Keep your 2018 tax information and become familiar with options for paying for post-high school education at StudentAid.Ed.Gov.
|School Year Attending||FAFSA Application Opens||Which Year’s Tax Information is Required|
|July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021||October 1, 2019||2018 (Class of 2020)|
ICC Information: www.icc.edu
- Sign up to visit our ICC representative at PCHS with the secretary in the Counseling Office two days in advance. ICC visits once a month. Check announcements for dates / Explore ICC programs /Honors/Transfer Center and scholarships available.
- Apply Online, Complete a Transcript Request, Register for the ICC Placement Test (Accuplacer reading/math), and check email often.
- Attend ICC College Night on Wednesday, Oct 16th from 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Register online if you plan to retake the SAT (Khan Academy) or take the ACT. (Ask if you qualify for a fee waiver).
School Code: 143415 * PCHS GPA is weighted but we do not rank students. * Senior Class total: 426
Start & End dates for the Class of 2020 are: August 22, 2016 to May 12, 2020.
Calendar For College Bound Seniors