2019-20 Pekin Dragons Athletic Registration Opens July 1, 2019
Athletic registration for the 2019-20 school year begins July 1, 2019. Parents: if you have not already done so, you must first sign-up and create a parent account. Go towww.pekinathletics.com. Once the parent account has been created, add the student(s), select the sport(s), and complete the online forms. You may add all the sports in which your student plans to participate. Sports physicals must be submitted either in person or by mail to Jamie Patton in the Athletic Office.
For Fall sports, athletes need to get their READYcard from the Athletic Office prior to the first day of Fall Sports: Monday, August 12, 2019. Fall sports include: football, boys & girls golf, girls tennis, boys soccer, boys & girls cross country, girls swim & dive, and volleyball. The Athletic Office will open beginning Tuesday, August 6, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. IHSA by-laws state that student-athletes will not be admitted to practice - or be allowed to tryout - until they have a READYcard.
Online Registration is now required for all Pekin High School athletes. Parents must first “sign-up”, and create an account at www.pekinathletics.com. Once you have signed up, you add your student and select the sports for which they intend to participate. Please note: The registration is not complete until the information under the “forms” tab is completed. If you have more than one student, you must add them one at a time. Also, the sports registration must be completed on a computer or laptop; this is not a mobile-friendly process.
IN ADDITION to registering online, all student-athletes must:
- Have a valid physical exam on file at the High School, prior to the first day of practice. We recommend that freshmen obtain two copies of their physical: one for school registration, and one for athletics.
- Have passed 5 classes in the previous semester. (Incoming freshmen are automatically eligible their first semester in high school.) During each season, athletes must be passing at least 5 classes each week to remain eligible for participation in athletic contests.
- Provide proof of adequate accident insurance coverage. The school does not require purchasing school-offered insurance, if students have their own health insurance that will cover injuries. If you are interested in purchasing insurance, go to https://markel.sevencorners.com.
- Obtain a “Ready Card” from the Athletic Department. This card lets coaches know that registration is complete, a sports physical is on file, and eligibility requirements have been met. IHSA by-laws state that student-athletes will not be admitted to practice or allowed to tryout until they have a Ready Card.
- Follow the P.C.H.S. Extra-Curricular Activities Code.
- Represent P.C.H.S. and conduct yourself in a positive manner.