2019-20 Pekin Dragons Winter Athletic Registration Opens October 15, 2019
Online athletic registration for the Winter sports will open October 15, on our athletic website: www.pekinathletics.com. Scroll down the page to the box which says: “Online Registration – Click Here”. Parents: if you have already registered your student-athlete for the 2019-20 school year, you do NOT need to re-register. Also, don’t forget to turn in sports physicals to Jamie Patton in the Athletic Office.
READYcards will be available in the Athletic Office beginning October 15. For Winter sports, student-athletes need to get their READYcard prior to the first day of practice, which are as follows: Girls Basketball - November 4; Boys Basketball and Wrestling – November 11; and Boys Swimming & Diving – November 25. IHSA by-laws state that student-athletes will not be admitted to practice - or be allowed to tryout - until they have a READYcard.
Online Registration is now required for all Pekin High School athletes. Parents must first “sign-up”, and create an account at www.pekinathletics.com. Once you have signed up, you add your student and select the sports for which they intend to participate. Please note: The registration is not complete until the information under the “forms” tab is completed. If you have more than one student, you must add them one at a time. Also, the sports registration must be completed on a computer or laptop; this is not a mobile-friendly process.
IN ADDITION to registering online, all student-athletes must:
- Have a valid physical exam on file at the High School, prior to the first day of practice. We recommend that freshmen obtain two copies of their physical: one for school registration, and one for athletics.
- Have passed 5 classes in the previous semester. (Incoming freshmen are automatically eligible their first semester in high school.) During each season, athletes must be passing at least 5 classes each week to remain eligible for participation in athletic contests.
- Provide proof of adequate accident insurance coverage. The school does not require purchasing school-offered insurance, if students have their own health insurance that will cover injuries. If you are interested in purchasing insurance, go to https://markel.sevencorners.com.
- Obtain a “Ready Card” from the Athletic Department. This card lets coaches know that registration is complete, a sports physical is on file, and eligibility requirements have been met. IHSA by-laws state that student-athletes will not be admitted to practice or allowed to tryout until they have a Ready Card.
- Follow the P.C.H.S. Extra-Curricular Activities Code.
- Represent P.C.H.S. and conduct yourself in a positive manner.